On the one hand, I hate to throw something like this up with out putting more of myself into contextualizing/analyzing. On the other hand, do you really need me to tell you what’s going down here?
Warning: disturbing parts of real life.
Here’s some text I’m passing along, from Jay Smooth via GrandGood:
1. Digg the story so that the national media can pick up on it
2. Contact BART Director Carole Ward Allen and demand that 1) the officers involved be taken off duty without pay and charged and fully prosecuted; 2) there be an independent investigation of the shooting that includes a review of training and hiring practices; and 3) BART establish an independent residents’ review board for the police Call her at 510-464-6095 or email the BART Directors at BoardofDirectors@bart.gov
3. Call the BART police to complain about the officers’ conduct and demand immediate action: Internal Affairs: Sergeant David Chlebowski 510.464.7029,firstname.lastname@example.org; Chief of Police: Gary Gee 510.464.7022, email@example.com
Call them toll free at 877.679.7000 and press the last four digits of the phone number you wish to reach.
4. Talk it up on your blogs, networks and talk radio shows
5. Stay tuned for other actions, protests, etc., especially if you are in the Bay.